Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bargello Progress

I couldn't resist working on this for a few hours again today. It really comes to life with the outer framework finished - and you can see the beauty of using threads with different surface textures to further enhance the look. It would work to simply use floss or perle cotton - but is sooo much more interesting with a bit of shine and sparkle.

Outside the primary framework of the mitered bargello, it is simply a matter of filling in the blank spaces. I continued to use the format of "over 4 threads" that I had used on the other white elements, and just filled in as I could against the outline.

Backing up a little bit, this second picture (close-up) shows how very very easy it is to turn the corner at the 45 degree diagonal if you mark it first with dots out from the center.

I had to make a trip "out" today to get a big bag of cotton floss in Spring colors to start making the next ornaments and eggs, and now am starting to visualize different flowers in 4-way bargello. Quite a challenge with buttercups, etc.!! Something to look forward to, as this is my favorite part of the design process.

P.S. Update! I just posted a picture of the finished ornament on the other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment