Sunday, September 5, 2010

More for a Halloween Table!

Last year I drew several Halloween napkin rings, but didn't stitch any of them myself - these you can find under the label "napkin rings." There were two I didn't finish drawing, but now have at least put enough on canvas to be able to do a complete one of each, and also pass them along for you to do your own.

The first is a simple one - a bat! I picture a black one stitched in basketweave with Petite Very Velvet, and glittering metallic eyes (Kreinik braid). Usually I make these 1 1/2" wide, which is the same width used for bracelets and belts - but this one, to accomodate the "moon," is 1 3/4" wide.

I have left the images for these a bit large so that when you print them out, you can clearly see where to put the dots onto your canvas when you draw them. Where I put the arrow, just ignore the long, curved line - I drew these things late one night when I was too tired to count, and kept making a mess of it - so gave up and called this a "scrap" and just left the line there. Again - IGNORE it.

As for stitching the bat, I visualize a moon against a navy sky - maybe with metallic stars on it - either silver or Kreinik 032 white, which is very sparkly.

The next is a witch on her broomstick - again, against a moon! My son said this is a self portrait I painted. I put a red scarf on it simply to separate the dotted elements of the drawing.


You could put color on this lady, or just make her a black silhouette - whatever suits you!! Just have fun, and enjoy these for table settings - very festive!

As for drawing them onto canvas, there are a number of blot posts here to instruct you - mostly under "canvas preparation."

No comments:

Post a Comment