Monday, March 2, 2009

A New/Old Ornament

Not being too logical tonight. I had planned to put the instructions for this ornament here today, but got caught up in finishing my March "Crazy for Birthdays" Heart. It makes a pretty header - but the ornament is for Christmas. Oh well. Spring is a good time to start!

Anyway - I'll do this tomorrow. The canvas prompted the piece about 8 years ago (another one I found in the box), as it's one of those that has the little sparkle speckles in it - so the background doesn't have to be stitched. A really pretty effect, it is. There is also an ivory one with gold flecks.

This is a simple one, and good for practicing your new drawing skills - as well as a little bit of beading.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the border around this ornament, very pretty and quite effective.

    Pierrette =^..^=

    ReplyDelete