Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ideas and Inspiration

I was looking through a new Pottery Barn Catalog (I love those for color schemes, fabrics, accessories) and saw this gorgeous Kilim fabric. If you look at it closely, you will see it is the same graphic format as the little "Quilt Block Ornament" in which I raised the border one thread to create an entire field of squares - to be manipulated in many different ways. You can click on this to enlarge it, and study the colors and the arrangements of the little squares. A whole pillow could be done this way from the same small pattern! It's amazing what you can find if you keep your eyes and imagination wide open and receptive.

As I have said many times, quilt patterns needn't all be "country" decor, but may be quite elegant. This would do for upholstery on a footstool, as it is here - and look at that boxing!! I may have to do this myself in needlepoint - or maybe just order the footstool.

No comments:

Post a Comment